What We Make It™ is an emergent service design agency that works with governments and public sector agencies—collaborating with their stakeholders, team members and citizens to reimagine the digital delivery of public services.
We believe that the best public service experiences are perpetually optimizing, matching service evolution with the pace of technological change and ever evolving user expectations. The best service experiences cannot be prescribed or imposed, they must be co-created. They are the result of radical collaboration and a collective thirst for exploring the unknown. We believe that there isn’t one right way for a service to be designed. There is only what we make it, together.
What We Make It is looking to hire a Service Designer to work closely with our growing service design team of researchers, UX and usability experts, development and QA team members to discover, prototype, test, iterate, and deploy modern digital services for the public sector. If you’re the right candidate for this position, you likely have at least 4-5 years experience in UX design, usability, or related fields.
This is a permanent, full time position. Due to COVID-19, this role would be offered remotely for an indefinite period, transitioning to in-office with flexible work-from-home options as conditions allow
- Manage multi-stakeholder discovery workshops and interviews to gain deep insight into the needs of the people who will be using a service
- Create user journeys, discovery reports, and other architectural artefacts
- Design prototypes, wireframes, and complex systems in low or high fidelity
- Conduct usability tests, synthesize the findings, and iterate and refine your work
- Lead client engagement sessions with confidence
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- Understand the importance of accessibility of digital platforms for all users
- Have experience with Adobe XD and related platforms
- Have worked within an Agile Scrum project management environment
- Understand how to work closely with front and back end developers to bring service design to life
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
SALARY + BENEFITS:
- Salary range: $60-80,000, commensurate with experience
- Minimum three weeks vacation
- Birthdays off
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible work environment – work from home or in-office or any combination therein
- Central downtown Halifax office for the days that you want to work out of an inspiring space with your peers
- New MacBook Pro
How To Apply
We’re most concerned with your work and attitude, not where you went to school or where you’ve worked. Please submit your resumé or LinkedIn profile, and link up your portfolio. While we appreciate any and all applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.